The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Technical Recruiter opportunity, you will have:
- A college degree or commensurate experience/education combination
- Solid experience and demonstrated success in technology recruiting, including experience advising and influencing executive leadership
- Experience utilizing online job boards; sourcing, screening and interviewing candidates; using applicant tracking systems; checking candidate referrals and references; networking to identify potential candidates; and managing salary negotiations
- In depth knowledge of IT systems and technologies and the ability to translate client technical requirements into a targeted consultant search strategy
- Strong understanding of current technology trends and social media recruiting
- Solid understanding of human resources procedures and employment laws necessary to perform recruiting functions
- Familiarity with H1B and green card processes is strongly preferred
- AIM, CIR, PHR or SPHR certification is a plus
- A high degree of skill in nonverbal, oral and written communications
- A sophisticated ability to identify, define and explain complex business problems and the persuasive skills necessary to implement solutions to those problems
- A considerable level of creativity and innovation
The RoleYou will join a team that currently includes three generalist recruiters, although the structure and size of this team is evolving. You will take point on technical recruiting, supporting our IT and Data Mining & Audit teams technology hires. On the IT side these may be database analysts, infrastructure engineers, C# developers, IT Service Managers and others. On the data side you'll recruit primarily for data analysts at various levels.
You will establish strong partnerships with hiring managers, functional leaders and external recruitment agencies to drive technology and analytics recruiting strategies. You'll also partner with HR Business Partners in supporting these departments.
Your activities will include managing all aspects of the recruiting process such as anticipating hiring needs, understanding local market salary requirements, creating recruiting materials, maintaining a pool of qualified candidates, coordinating with appropriate recruiting agencies (as necessary), attending job fairs, posting available positions, screening and assisting with testing candidates, consulting with hiring managers on applicant selection, and participating in the welcoming portion of the new-hire orientation/on-boarding process as needed.
You'll also manage contracted recruitment resources, including a vendor for offshore hiring. Typically they recruit independent contractors for temporary assignments, and you will oversee all outsourced activities to ensure they are in alignment with goals and expectations.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage the full cycle recruitment process for all of Equian technology & analytics positions
- Proactively seek and cultivate relationships with passive and active candidates using a variety of methods, including but not limited to social networking, career fairs, networking events, college and universities, emails and referrals.
- Develop effective and innovative recruiting strategies for attracting and sourcing high quality technical candidates
- Serve as a brand ambassador; identify opportunities and methods to strengthen Equian's employer brand in the talent market
- Assess candidates against candidate "must-haves"
- Pre-screen and short-list candidates before submitting to the hiring manager
- Form strategic partnerships with all hiring managers and department leaders in the technology & analytics areas to determine staffing needs.
- Reach out to hiring managers with an "interesting" candidate, even if they're not technically looking to hire -- understand and anticipate the needs of the hiring manager
- Ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the sourcing and interview stages
- Develop, comprehend and/or execute defined processes as necessary
- Generate prospect names and profiles; developing a robust, multi-channel, search strategy that will attract world class technical contributors
- Leverage internal and external technology to initiate, maintain and track recruiting assignments to increase work efficiencies; ensure legal compliance throughout the interviewing process, background checks, and job offers
- Serve as a strategic partner providing expert knowledge of the IT talent market and communicating trends and recruitment challenges to internal and external stakeholders
- Consult with senior leaders on IT systems and technologies and translate client technical requirements into a targeted consultant search strategy
What's in It for YouStrategic impact
Your mission will be to establish yourself as a valued partner to hiring managers, and it is critical to our business to have strong talent in both IT and Data Mining & Analytics. If you are coming from an agency, it will be a refreshing change to build long-term relationships with leaders and help them achieve their goals.
Build a career home
This could be a great opportunity for a contract recruiter to leave the uncertainty and ups-and-downs behind. Whatever your background, you will find challenges and rewards in this role and, depending on your ambition and performance, you might pursue other openings within Equian.
Dynamic new leadership
CIO Rick Fitzgerald recently joined us and, like other Equian leaders, he is promoting a spirit of innovation. "We have a unique opportunity to help our customers realize more value from all of the exciting advances in Big Data, robotics, and machine learning," says Fitzgerald. "I look forward to identifying opportunities with the internal team of experts and customers that will drive our technology agenda forward."
Equian offers a distinctive and rewarding work experience for associates at all phases of their careers -- from workforce newcomers to seasoned professionals. As an industry leader, we seek to attract, develop and retain associates sharing our commitment to innovation, continuous improvement, superior service and professional curiosity.
Strong, growing company
Founded in 2004 through the merger of two medical cost management companies, Equian has grown to become one of the nation's leading companies for healthcare reimbursement analysis and payment integrity. We have been voted one of 40 "Healthcare's Hottest" by Modern Healthcare and have been recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing companies in the United States. We are continuing our growth through acquisition, and intend to keep growing for years to come.
In addition to competitive compensation and performance-based bonus opportunity, Equian offers an outstanding benefits package as well as professional and personal development opportunities that support the goals of every Equian associate. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug and life insurance options; a 401(k) plan with company match; paid time off; flexible spending accounts; tuition assistance; and more.
Video: We asked Equian associates to describe the company in one word.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will remain flexible and adaptable as our HR and recruiting structures evolve -- in fact, the entire company embraces continuous improvement, and we work in an industry that is constantly changing. For example, many of the hiring managers with whom you'll work are used to using external recruiting resources. You'll need to be proactive about establishing yourself as their go-to person for talent acquisition. This will include truly understanding their needs and challenges, as well as the characteristics that will help candidates thrive in our culture.
It may seem like it goes without saying, but we believe it's important enough to be stated: You will need an enthusiastic approach to representing our company, our brand and our employment value proposition. This will be especially important as you recruit for challenging roles, such as professionals experienced with certain legacy technologies. You'll need to leverage our employment value proposition as well as your creativity in attracting the best talent.
About UsEquian is a leading provider of technology-enabled, data-driven solutions ensuring payment integrity across the healthcare, workers compensation and property & casualty industries.
One of our nation's most pressing challenges is the rising cost and affordability of healthcare. At Equian, our efforts are dedicated to addressing this challenge. We provide solutions that ensure each healthcare interaction is paid accurately and at the lowest possible cost. We have a proven system to reduce healthcare cost through proprietary data analytics coupled with deep domain expertise. Once we have aligned with you and analyzed all of the data, we provide integrated payment integrity solutions that eliminate unnecessary spending.
With more than 1400 talented professionals working across the country, our people have transformed Equian into the thriving organization it has become today. Our team includes market experts for each industry we serve, so you can be sure we are ready to hit the ground running for you. Equian's team is dedicated to building lasting partnerships with clients. It is simply what we do best
Equian is backed by New Mountain Capital, a leading healthcare investment firm, and is recognized nationally by Inc. Magazine and Modern Healthcare as a leading high-growth company in health care.
Pictured: Quick facts about Equian give you an idea of why we are the provider of choice for innovative payment integrity solutions. Click on the small image to see a larger version.